anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

4.10.05

Am I the only one!?!

While keeping on the topic of current fashion trends, 80’s fashion revival, WTF!?! Why in gods name? I mean I suppose it was inevitable. I can only tell my lady friends so many times about how gross spandex under skirts, leg warmers and big hair are, without jinxing the entire world. Sigh. Maybe this is just a Montreal thing… Is there anybody out there? Who am I kidding I saw this coming, I watch enough CBC Newsworld to catch the occasional Fashion File, I just tried to block it out of my head. And it almost worked too… That is until they started sitting in front of me in class and beside me on the bus!! Someone the other night broke things down for me, I thought pretty well. We all had a blast in the 60s and got wasted, we didn’t know to stop while we were ahead in the 70s, and so the 80s ended up being those hours from 2-5 am that we don’t remember. The 90s were just one long hangover. Am I the only one that doesn’t want to relive Saturday morning’s three-hour blink around the water cooler Monday morning? Please, I can’t remember them just let it be. Out of sight out of mind.

note: I tried finding a bunch of images for this post but apparently this trend is so 'NOW' that the web hasn't had a chance to respond yet. Or maybe it's always been like this, like montreal has just been stuck in some kind of time warp, and i'm just new here. Or maybe i'm just lazy and didn't search hard enough.

1 Comments:

At 4.10.05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home