anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

24.12.06

A joke

I over heard this joke while anxiously waiting for my logic final to begin the other day. It just about leveled me – but this may have been due more to my frail condition as a result of having spent the last two days maniacally studying and finishing various assignments. Alas, I’m done for the term, and already bored out of my fucking skull. Please say hello. Oh… yeah… here’s the joke – apparently it won a prize for the best joke at some philosophers conference.

What’s brown and sticky?




…A stick.

[Edit] Someone has pointed out to me that everyone has already heard this joke – surprisingly I don’t think I have. Nonetheless, what makes this joke really funny to me, is not so much the joke itself, but the fact that it was chosen by philosophers as a deliberate jibe at themselves. Of course it alludes to our tendency to make up and modify words – sometimes, and especially, when it isn’t called for ;)

1 Comments:

At 30.12.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well
when you put it that way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home