anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

2.1.07

Prattle

I’m a strange fellow. Lately I’ve been sort of trying to get into contact with a few folks I haven’t contacted in quite awhile. I seem to always be on the move: I went to many high schools, I’ve had many jobs, last year I moved across the country. I’ve changed my regular group of friends so many times. I guess I used to think this was normal, but recently I’ve started to realize, that although I come and go, many of the people that constituted the groups that I’ve been a part of, still seem to associate quite a bit with one another. I become some other. I’m not really sure exactly why this is the case – nor am I really sure what to make of it. It’s just something I’ve noticed recently. I suppose I’ve always known that I was a little more transitory than most, but maybe only now am I realizing just to what extent. In the past, pondering my tendency toward disequilibrium made me anxious. I suppose I’ve never really decided on just what to make of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home