anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

4.8.05

Yeay, Michaëlle Jean!!

I would be lying if I didn’t admit that I’m a quite pleased with the recent announcement that Michaëlle Jean will be our next governor general. She’s young, she’s black, she’s French, she’s an immigrant, she’s got it all. But I think what I like most about her is that she’s a journalist with an amazingly accurate and philanthropic world vision. In an interview on the CBC, one of her coworkers – at the CBC – said that she struck him as the kind of person that would speak out on issues that mattered to her. I think that’s fabulous. I’m all for sober second thought when its warranted, and especially if the thought is actually sober. I am especially excited about her pledges concerning child poverty but I hope she will also raise her voice on issues of immigration and third world poverty.

1 Comments:

At 6.8.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

like i said, "she’s got it all."


booyeah! quoting myself... i'm a looser

 

Post a Comment

<< Home