anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

15.10.05

I can dream can’t I?

Go here, read the post, then read a bunch of the comments. Can you imagine? This totally blew my mind; I doubt your mind even cares.

*******

So imagine - I start this blog in my first year of university and keep it up for the next ten or so some odd years. One day I actually start making sense, and people start thinking things like, “wow, I like the way he thinks.” Then, when my tenure gets revoked all these people seem to care, and I’ve already got his crazy reputation setting me up for the next leg of my journey… ok ok… but a guy can dream – right?

5 Comments:

At 21.10.05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether I am horribly misunderstanding this article or not, I'm finding it along the lines of not being able to hand in the same paper twice because you are not allowed to plagiarize yourself.

Oh acadamia, the biggest mud puddle of ridiculous ideas that for the most part actually seem to make sense. I say for the most part because right now, most of mine, do not. And neither apparently do the ideas of the UofC on the issue of blogging.

 
At 22.10.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

although the top part is true (you can't submit your same stuff twice) that's not the problem. the guy applied for tenure and didn't get it. This means he worked his but off as a prof of somekind for several years, teaching and doing research etc, and was denied. tenure is top honours in acadanics, it means you can say whatever you want and still get paid. it's like a premenant position, a job protection kind of thing.

 
At 22.10.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

i was more interested in the reaction from the bloging community; talk about soladarity. He's up shit creek either way, but the blog world seems to have actually opened opportunities for him.

 
At 1.11.05, Blogger Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

u can write whateva u want in your blog. It's 4 your pleasure! despite others agree or disagree.. moreover it's good to know why others don't think like u!

 
At 1.11.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

sorry dinorider, i habve know clue what you're trying to say, but thanks for commenting anyways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home