anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

16.12.05

Today it snowed a lot

Another great moment in the history of philosophical discourse brought to us by some anonymous contributor on wikpedia:
Hegel's dialectic, which he usually presented in a threefold manner, was vulgarized by Heinrich Moritz Chalybäus as comprising three dialectical stages of development: a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis. Hegel rarely used these terms himself: this model is not Hegelian but Fichtean. (I.a.)
Sigh... such good fun. Apparently this sort of thing is endemic to critical theory - upon my initial introduction to Marx, I was told not to confuse him with Marxism. I can only hope to one day aspire to having a bastard philosophy bear my name, or better yet someone elses.

---

It snowed over 40 centimetres this morning - almost shut down the city - but I don't think we're going to call in the army... Toronto. (I am so almost an authentic montrealer; I’m already on Toronto’s case.)

---

The Leaders Debate is tonight, and I am excited.

---

I totally juiced the format for this post from Marginal Notation, the first blogger ever to add me to their blogroll. How incredibly awesome is that! Since then I’ve read up a little more on how search sites find sites, and it's led me to consider starting my own blogroll. The reasons I haven’t already are: (A) I don't want to upset anyone by associating them with me and all my retardedness, and (B) I'm afraid my own feelings might get hurt - I don't want to be that loner who says all the cool kids are their friends, but the kids don't even know his name.

3 Comments:

At 16.12.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

that top entry wasn't supposed to make any sense... stop looking at me!

 
At 4.1.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Canadian. I write from Vancouver, to begin a conversation with that who has participated sometime in a vacation in the Hotel Fiesta Resort in Costa Rica. During my last vacation, my friends and I decided to travel to a tropical country… and Costa Rica was the election that we took; and the best one of all definitively. I am a professional. I dedicate myself to investigation and education every day. I am almost 48 years old, and I am married. I like to take good advantage of my free time. When I have the chance, I leave what I’m used to do. I ride horses since I was a child, and I love long walks. My experience in Costa Rica filled my expectations, because I love nature, and the hotel in which we stayed was very comfortable, has very good service and is a tropical paradise! People were very friendly. We met people from other countries, with whom we spent great moments. I traveled with Clara and Amanda, two fellow workers and very good friends. My husband stayed in Canada because if his work.

The people in the Hotel Fiesta Resort are very joyful and amusing! The shows were funny, and we laughed a lot... Also, we went to the disco bar that is quite good. But we no longer dance as we did before! I have not known such a crazy place like this. Clara, Amanda and I enjoyed like when we were university students. Sunsets are very beautiful. The colors in the sky and the tranquility of the sea are things that we cannot enjoy very often, maybe by the work rate we usually have. Write me every day, and I promise to tell you more then.

Love Christine

 
At 5.1.06, Blogger Nicholas said...

hmmmm... i like long walks too christine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home