anomieandme

This blog is meant to become a textual archive of my dynamic and often contradictory intellectual development over the past and coming years. I hope it will accomplish two functions, as a kind of cognitive genealogy, and as a textual extension of my thoughts exposing them to outside criticisms. Please keep in mind that some of these posts are only trains of thought and not necessarily my actual opinions. I am a thirdish year undergraduate student majoring in both philosophy and sociology.

1.11.05

How pomo are you?

Just before philosophy class a couple of guys in the corner of the class are talking about Heidegger. I don’t particularily like Guy 1, but his comment on being pomo made my day.

Guy 1: Heidegger is awsome. His phenomenology.
Guy 2: Yeah, he's only like the king of 20th century philosophy.

(casual consent all around)

Guy 2: But he was a Nazi.
Guy 1: Whatever.

(giggles all around)

Guy 1: Whatever. We’re so pomo we don’t even give a shit.

(righteous laughter all around)

2 Comments:

At 7.11.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

i havn't decided wether i respect the use of the word pomo yet or not. i mean, i use it anyways, but it's meant in an ironic "i don't give a shit cause i'm so pomo" kind of way. who knows, maybe that's the only way it's supposed to be used.

 
At 9.11.05, Blogger Nicholas said...

i will soon: we'll pomo the fuk out of it.

ps. send me more pictures : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home